Earlier this month I was approached by Legend Compression Wear about becoming an Ambassador for their products. I was flattered that they thought i would be a great fit for them but had to be honest and let them know that although I do own compression wear, I didn’t have any of their product. Legend was very confident in their product and still sent me a pair of socks to try out…no strings attached. So I did. And I love them and obviously took the Ambassador role on!
I have tried 4 other brands of compression in the last few years and wear only one of them to actually run in. The others are all either uncomfortably tight to run in (could be a sizing issue, but I measured my calf according to their sizing charts so…) or I am not a fan of the fabric as I get blisters on the bottoms of my feet when I run in them.
With Legend compression I found the socks easy to put on and remove, with still offering a good amount of graduated compression. The Poly-Grey yarn that is used is much softer than other brands on the market and is also moisture wicking. After 3 runs with them on, treadmill, trail, and long road run, I have no signs of blisters and no discomfort from the socks being too tight.
I have worn the socks for recovery as well and find them comfotable and effective. No calf cramping or swelling and my Achilles felt supported and happy on these tough runs.
Legend compression wear also comes in a variety of fun colours. I am excited to get my hands on a few more pairs as well as some calf sleeves as I prefer those during the warmer months on the trails. Give Legend a try if you are looking for a new compression brand to buy. Available in the US from their website and through www.sockology.ca for Canadian shoppers! Some specs about the product below!
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 15-20 mmHg Graduated Compression for improved athletic performance
- Compression Performance socks for all sports
- Greater power output
- Enhanced Endurance
- Faster Muscle Warm Up Pre-exercise
- Increase oxygen levels and blood circulation
- Faster recovery time
- Seamless toe and terry sole construction
- Promotes circulation for muscle performance
- Reduction of lactic acid
- Improve muscle support and injury prevention
- UV protection
- Moisture wicking
- Achilles and arch support
- Open ventilation and breathable design for comfort
KEY CONSTRUCTION ATTRIBUTES (from the toe to the top of the sock):
- Seamless & terry cushion toe and foot that expands for ultimate comfort
- Open stitch at the foot for breathability
- 3 x 1 patterned arch support (clencher) that also holds sock in place and prevents blisters
- Open stitch between arch and heel that loosens on in-step
- 2 x 1 stitch in heel provides maximum support
- Cushion at the achilles provides critical support to reduce injury
- The poly-grey yarns wick moisture away from foot for increase comfort
- 1 x 1 alternate open stitch at the calf for breathability
- 3 x 1 ribbed select elastic pattern along leg for compression and style
- Welt at top of sock is a 1 x 1 stitch to hold sock to leg
- Spandex for premium stretch and comfort